Breezy Hill Marketing is a growing marketing firm located 15 minutes from Burlington, Vermont and serving clients throughout the country. We work with businesses of all sizes, implementing full-service, integrated marketing solutions that increase revenue and profitability. We are a collaborative, creative, full-service team with years of marketing experience and a keen awareness of the power of analytics.
We are seeking to hire a WordPress Web Developer. In this role, you will be responsible for both front-end and back-end development. You will develop, test, and maintain visually compelling websites that deliver a seamless user experience while showcasing our clients’ unique brands and value propositions.
What You’ll Do
- Work on complete web builds and small one-time or on-going maintenance projects
- Collaborate effectively with clients and in-house stakeholders to turn a great design into compelling websites
- Write well designed, documented, testable, efficient code
- Conduct regular testing and review for quality assurance purposes
- Develop custom integrations between WordPress and 3rd party resources
- Oversee plug-in research and customization
- Develop and maintain workflow calendar specific to each client
- Effectively communicate project progress to internal and external stakeholders
What You’ll Need
- High-level proficiency in writing original themes, plugins, and theme templates for WordPress
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout into working HTML pages
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Familiarly with debugging tools such as Firebug, Chrome Inspector, etc.
- An appreciation of good design aesthetics and how they support our client’s business needs
- Ability to provide technical leadership and assume overall accountability for successful website rollouts
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and reconcile competing deadlines
- Interest in remaining up-to-date on industry tools and trends
- Top notch time management skills
- Very high attention to detail and superior organization skills
- To be a self-starter who takes the initiative and is excited about learning new skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is preferred. Associate’s degree with commensurate experience will be considered.
- Experience with the restAPI interface a plus.
If this opportunity sounds like a match submit a cover letter, resume, and a sample of your best WordPress work (full creative license granted). Must be located in Eastern or Central Time Zone.