Social media marketing has become a way of life, and with new features being added constantly, it’s important to stay up-to-date with trends. In 2016, Instagram revealed Stories, which allows you to post images and videos that will disappear after 24 hours.
Are you taking advantage of what the Stories feature has to offer?
Why should I include Stories in my social media marketing strategy?
As a photo-based platform, Instagram is a little more fun than other platforms. If you’ve been using Instagram for your business, you know that high-quality images are a must. Although taking your own photos isn’t hard, it definitely takes some time and planning.
This isn’t the case with Stories! Because the posts will disappear after 24 hours, your Stories can be more spontaneous and you can change up the format to include video, screenshots, Boomerangs, etc. Instagram also has tons of extra text options, emojis and stickers, filters, and other ways to edit your posts to fit your brand.
How do I post to my Story?
Using Stories is just as easy as standard posting to Instagram. From the home screen, swipe left or select the camera icon in the top left corner.
You can choose from 6 different types of posts
- Type – Add text to photos and videos, including Modern, Neon, Typewriter and Strong
- Live – Live-stream to your audience
- Boomerang – Create a gif that “bounces” back and forth
- Superzoom – The camera automatically creates a close-up and adds fun, dramatic sound effects
- Rewind – The video is automatically played in reverse
- Hands-Free – Add stickers to photos and videos, including location, time and weather
You can also choose to post videos and photos from your camera roll.
Hashtags and location tags work the same way as regular Instagram posts, so include both to help your local SEO.
Once you’ve edited the post to your liking, you’re all set to post your first Story! The Story is available at the top of your followers’ feed, as well as from your page through your profile picture.
What should I post to my Story?
Here are a few content ideas to get you started:
- Special coupon offer that expires with the Story
- Quick and simple tutorial on how to use a new product
- Behind-the-scenes look at your operation
- Employee take-overs on certain days of the week
- Live-stream in-office or after-hours events
- Encourage viewers to comment on a new post or send a Direct Message
- Daily inspiration quotes styled to match your branding
Don’t forget to take advantage of the 6 different types of posts to keep content new and innovative.
Content marketing allows you to engage with your customers by sharing relevant information, but don’t forget to have a little fun. Social media makes it easy to customize your content to fit your brand and entertain your viewers, so make sure you take advantage of everything the platform has to offer!
Thanks for reading,